I totally made up the name Choco-Nana. It just sounds so fun to say :)
I’ve been a bit obsessed with reinventing how to prepare and bake up our goodies ever since one of our genius baker blogger friend, Marissa, came up with the Cinnamon Roll Waffle idea! Which got me thinking about a panini press. Now what would be a fun, easy panini recipe that we might be able to hack?
And pressssto (pun very much intended)! The Choco-Nana Crescent Panini is the perfect recipe for our first foray into the world of paninis!
Lynsey, our Director of Totes Awesomeness, volunteered her panini press and her kitchen to demonstrate just how easy breezy it is to serve up these yummy treats, which would also be great for after school snacks! She even added a little flare of her own by sprinkling on some shredded coconut in the paninis!
That’s your cue to whip out your panini press and put your own personal twist on the Choco-Nana Crescent Panini!
- 1 can Immaculate Baking Co.® refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate shavings
- 1 small banana, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Prepare and bake up crescent rolls as instructed on pack. Set aside your 8 crescents and let cool. Cut each crescent roll in half horizontally.
- Preheat an electric panini maker to medium according to the manufacturer’s instructions. You may need to spray the panini maker with cooking spray if it isn’t a non-stick version.
- Lay the bottom half of each croissant, cut side up, on a clean work surface. Sprinkle with about two-thirds of the chocolate, dividing equally. Arrange the banana slices on top, then sprinkle with the remaining chocolate. Place the top half of each croissant, cut side down, on top. (Feel free to sprinkle on some shredded coconut as well!)
- Place the sandwiches on the preheated panini maker and close the lid. Cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions until the chocolate is melted and the tops are golden, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer the sandwiches to a cutting board and cut in half. Serve immediately.